Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I found the most perfect spot in Maui.

Puamana Estates is THE MOST unbelievable place to stay when you are in Maui. Ditch the high priced (over priced) hotels and stay at this unbelievable gated community! We were so fortunate to run across this place thanks to Dan's mom's friend's recommendation. It was easy to overlook in the books and online but once you are there, there are few words to describe how perfect it was. Not only that but it was minutes away down the coast from our wedding spot so everything felt very close and easy to get to. Besides the amazing array of plants around the place (unlimited Plumeria trees and Mango trees which btw dropped fresh fruit for our daily consumption), the constant boom of the ocean waves could make the most horrible day you have ever had displace in a moment - without the assistance of liquor. Many previous Wilson vacations in a tropical setting invovled loads of Rum drinks starting at around 10am which is most likely why I don't remember a lot of those previous vacations without the assistance of a photo album. Not so in Hawaii...ok and the fact that it is illegal to drink on the beach here. Stupid US rules!Although, a Heineken with the sunset didn't kill anyone either. I didn't know it, but the sound of the ocean and the breeze actually eradicated my hangover one morning in a few short minutes. Normally, I need 1/2 to 3/4 of a day. The sunsets were just as killer as we stared down the sun, overlooking a beautiful harbor and the other island on the horizon, Lanai. It was incredible. Another bonus was the fact that the Wilson/Hanson/Nelson/Woodbury crew was all staying there in our respective homes so we were all a stone's throw away for Pupus and drinks whenever we needed or wanted to gather.

Sorry, I have little regard for proper grammer on this blog.

No comments: