Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We saved the Ritz Carlton thanks to Weber.

I'm not kidding. If we hadn't had the GC to Sansei that night, I swear, the entire Kapalua Ritz Carlton in Maui would have burned to the ground.

Sansei is a Sushi place that I have been dying to try since I saw it on the Food Channel's "$40 a day", the Rachel Ray traveling show. She went to their fab sushi happy hour and raved about it on their show. So thanks to a few people in the Web Relations group, Dan and I had a special evening there (even better with a GC!) with a few peeps from the Maui crew.

So, as we proceeded to get lost on the way to the restaurant which is the most impossible place to find at night, we made our way down a remote road which my sister so eloquently reminded me that a man with a hook for a hand would run out and attack us at that very moment if we were in a horror movie. Not to mention, the road we were traveling down had a plethora of those super shitty speed bumps - the little ones that even if you are moving slower than the speed of the sloth make you want to puke from motion sickness when you hit them - so we're going slow enough for a mass murderer to attack us with his hook, but as he was killing me, I would barf all over him from motion sickness. I quickly snapped out of it when we came upon a streetlight that seemed to be giving off an extra glow, one that emitted embers and was no longer utilizing electricity to light our way. I quickly whipped out the Maui Revealed book (our travel bible) to extrecate the # for the Ritz and placed a call to security that one of the lights on their hotel campus was on fire. After we found the restaurant, we watched as a fire truck sped by us and hopefully was on the way to put out the fire. I'd like to take credit for that moment. I was thinking I should call them back to remind them that my call could have prevented an otherwise major disaster for their resort. Think of all the rich snobs that would have been put out by a major fire on the property not to mention all of their worthless lawyers chasing after them with money bags under their eyes! I saved them millions, I swear.

They just don't know it.

1 comment:

Cleophone said...

Are you quite certain that the intensity of your mutual feelings post the legal certification of your love sentiments just didn't ignite the thing? You might wish to check around the island to see if other items are spontaneously combusting.